Blackburn Technical School
The idea for a technical school was put forward in 1886, but there was little enthusiasm for the idea then. It resurfaced a year later as an idea to celebrate Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee. The foundation stone was laid on the 9th of May 1888 by the Prince and Princess of Wales. The building opened for students in September 1889. It had three floors and a basement, with sheds at the back for students of textiles. The site on Feilden Street is now part of Blackburn College.
The building is a Grade II listed building.